Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Our Favorite Movie Quotes


source

Meg 
Marilla: Twenty pounds of brown sugar. 

Jo 
Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? 

Beth 
Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE. 
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Amy
Cook: “What’s this? A green kickball?”
Boss: “It’s lettuce, Cookie.”
Cook: “Lettuce? Lettuce!? What do I need with doggone lettuce?”
Boss: “It’s a vegetable, Cookie. The men need the four basic food groups.”
Cook: “I’ve got the four basic food groups! Beans, bacon, whiskey, and lard!”

Marmee
Anna: Oh, but this is a lie! 
King: It is a FALSE lie!

6 comments:

John Brooke said...

I happen to know that another of my Meg's favorites is:

Max: C'mon Professor, rise and shine.
Prof. Fate: RISE AND SHINE?!
Max: It's 7:30!
Prof. Fate: Then YOU rise, YOU shine!

It's also a phrase that is somewhat frequently repeated around our home....

Meg said...

Yes, he's right. John makes a good Max to my Fate.

Amy, I don't recognize that quote. What movie does it come from?

Amy said...

It's from Disney's Atlantis. Silly, very creative and has some excellent quotes.

Beth said...

I just want Jo to know...you totally stole mine. :P Rude.

Jo said...

Really Beth? :) Funny, because a selection from TPB was going to be my second choice.

Meg said...

Okay Amy, I guess I saw that one once.